Tuesday, February 28, 2012

400 conferred degrees at RIEIT convocation

400 conferred degrees at RIEIT convocation
PTU VC confers degrees to 400 graduates
Ropar, April 18,2010
Four hundred students were conferred degrees at the second convocation and annual prize distribution function of Rayat Institute of Engineering Information and Technology, Railmajra held here today.
Vice-chancellor, Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar Dr Rajneesh Arora conferred degrees to the 2009 batch pass outs from CSE, ECE, IT, ME and electrical. Addressing the students, Dr Arora congratulated them on getting the degrees and observed that with degrees comes responsibility of being nation builders.
“More than 70 percent of people in our country are matriculates, and the rest 30 percent includes graduates in conventional courses as well as the technical professionals. Engineers form three to four percent of the total educated population and its their duty to create job opportunities for others,” he observed.
Talking about the ever-expanding horizon of the Rayat-Bahra group, chairman Gurvinder Singh Bahra said that group is coming up with its university in Himachal Pradesh, which is hardly 12 kms away from Shimla. Besides this the group also plans to introduce its new campus near Delhi.
Guest of the honor at occasion was Baldeo Purushartha, Director Department of Technical Education. Purushartha revealed initiatives of government in raising the standard of technical education in Punjab.
Students were awarded for their outstanding contributions in bringing laurels to the college. These included best players Tanuj Sethi and Inayat Singh, best player PTU Shaleen Thakur, best athlete Rohit Sharma, best NCC cadet Anil Kumar Salotra, ISTE best students Shivam Arora and Avni Kailwoo.
Gaurav Aggarwal was conferred award for being designer and innovator, while Utsav Sabharwal was honored as outstanding achiever. Besides this 32 academic prizes were also conferred to the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment